Incisive Media’s Statement on coronavirus
We are delighted to welcome you to the UK Pensions Awards 2020, and we hope you find the event both enjoyable and productive. We would like to make it clear that the safety and health of Incisive Media’s event attendees is our number one priority. We are continuously monitoring the impact of the coronavirus on our events and are in regular communication with our venues, delegates, sponsors, travel providers and local authorities to mitigate any risks or restrictions. As a precaution we are introducing new measures to increase the safety of all our event attendees.
What we are doing to protect you
- Hand sanitisers will be provided in the reception area, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms
- We are increasing the frequency with which our sanitary facilities are disinfected
- There will be a no handshake policy
- We will be monitoring our attendee list to check where people are travelling from. We will be calling anyone located in high risk areas and assessing whether they are fit to attend
- We ask that anyone who has visited an area deemed as unsafe by the government to provide evidence that they arrived in the UK more than 14 days before the first day of the event
- We kindly ask you not to attend our events if you have recently travelled to any of the following countries and have returned to the UK (if UK) less than 14 days ago: northern Italy, Iran, mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, or Macau
- We will be Implementing a microphone and glass disinfecting protocol between speakers
- We kindly ask you to have your photo with your award on your own not with other people (only add for awards)
- We will help any person find medical attention onsite to deal with potential symptoms
For further information about current UK government advice please visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
Statement from the Hilton Park Lane:
We are actively monitoring updates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and our National Health Service (NHS) and responding based on the best advice of medical professionals and public health authorities.
Given the evolving nature, Hilton has implemented specific Trainings to ensure the safety of our Guests and Team Members.
If enhanced facilities cleaning or other operational actions are required, we put those into action as per protocol (e.g. hand sanitizer stations in public areas, enhanced cleaning of all frequently touched areas in the hotel).
What you can do to protect yourself
The World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
- If you feel unwell and believe you may be at risk, you should self-isolate and call NHS 111 (not if you are outside of UK though)
For further information please contact Victoria Newell on firstname.lastname@example.org or via 020 7484 9981